Re: [gembud] Installing GEMPAK on Fedora

Hi Nathan,

First you should install the openmotif and openmotif-devel packages as directed in previous emails. This will ensure that any prerequisite packages for Motif are installed. Then remove the two packages with "rpm -e" as directed. Then, you should download and build openmotif in a similar manner to what you did for Mac OSX, with just a few differences for the linux platform:

OpenMotif >= 2.3.2 is incompatible with N-AWIPS' "nmap2" program
(as has been reported on GEMBUD, the program will build and run, but
many of the buttons will not appear).  So next we need to download
and install OpenMotif 2.3.1.

a. Obtain the tarball from http://www.motifzone.net/files/public_downloads/openmotif/2.3/2.3.1/openmotif-2.3.1-1.tar.gz. Untar this in a directory of your choice. b. In the top level of OpenMotif 2.3.1-1, configure, build, and install: (type "configure", then "make all", and then, *as root*,"make install"). This should install the Openmotif libraries in /usr/lib. Then you'll need to move them into the /usr/lib64 directories, where the GEMPAK Makeinc.linux64_gfortran expects to find them:

 cd /usr/lib; mv libXm* libUil* X11 libMrm* ../lib64

Now, you should be able to run "make all". You don't need to run "make distclean" at this point. If the "make all" proceeds to completion without errors (aside from a couple non-fatal Error 1 messages), go ahead and run "make install" and the installation should be complete.

--Kevin