Re: [gembud] GEMPAK V6?

Hi guys,

6.2.0 is slated to be released this week after final testing.

Proper handling of the hi-res level 3 products was the main roadblock. NCEP's release of NAWIPS handled these products by down-converting from 256 to 16 levels, while we wanted GEMPAK to be able to display close to the full resolution available (95 colors).

I'll have a note out to GEMBUD within the next couple of days, and update our GEMPAK/NAWIPS website with the release notes.

Updates and bug fixes in the future should be quick work as there does not appear to be any major changes to the code base needed past this point.

Sorry for the delay, but please hold tight as I get GEMPAK 6 ready for release. I'm aware of the long delay and trying my best to not only get the package out but get it out right.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata