[gembud] Plotting a distance scale on a cross-section: mscale analog in gdcross?

Hi,
I have a pretty basic question, but I can't seem to dig up an answer anywhere: Is there a way to plot a distance scale on a cross-section plot? That is, I use the MSCALE feature in gdplot, gdcntr, etc, but would like to be able to do the same for the horizontal distance covered by a cross-section. If anyone knows of a way to do this and wouldn't mind passing it along, I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance,
Kelly Mahoney