Re: [gembud] GEMPAK 5.11.4 Updates Released

Greetings Michael:

Pardon my ignorance in asking this question, but I am running a fresh compile
of 5.11.4 on CentOS 5.4 32 bit. I am able to successfully compile and have a
fully working set of binaries and am plotting the new P94 NIDS products.

I am interested in using the new products, which as I understand contain 256
levels. My question is, does this mean we can apply a 128 or 256 color table
against them and expect to see these colors vs. just 16 using the current
patches for these products? I am running the below .csh script for testing but
still only get 16 levels of reflectivity.

#!/bin/csh

# Set radar
set radar = "mux";

wget
http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/SL.us008001/DF.of/DC.radar/DS.p94r0/SI.k${radar}/sn.last

# Make the radar data

gpmap_gif << EOFRAD

MAP = 1=55:55:55/10/1 + 2=120:120:120/1/1
\$MAPFIL = county + base
STNPLT   =
GAREA    = ${radar}+
RADFIL   = sn.last
TITLE    = ""
LUT      = upc_ref256.tbl
PROJ     = RAD//NM
IMCBAR   = 1
DEVICE   = gif|/products/test.gif|1280;1280

EOFRAD

gpend

Thank you for your time and I appreciate any guidance you can provide.

-AJO

Andrew J Oldaker
The Simuawips Project - www.simuawips.com<http://www.simuawips.com>