[gembud] nmap2 compile issues

I've been working on getting 5.11.4 compiled on my gentoo x86 system.  I've
noted 2 errors, one in libxml2 and one in HDF5, the are both the same error
and the same issue.  I think it is due to an updated library.  Apparently
now when calling open with O_CREAT you have to specify a 3rd argument, the
file permissions.  I have set them to 0755.

Here is the original make.out

http://www.stormguardsolutions.net/make.out.1

In the xml2 library, nanohttp.c
gempak@falcon ~/GEMPAK5.11.4/extlibs/xml2/v2.6.27 $ diff nanohttp.c.orig
nanohttp.c
1586c1586
<         fd = open(filename, O_CREAT | O_WRONLY);
---
>         fd = open(filename, O_CREAT | O_WRONLY, 0755);

In the HDF5 library, zip_perf.c
gempak@falcon ~/GEMPAK5.11.4/extlibs/HDF5/v1.6.5/perform $ diff
zip_perf.c.orig zip_perf.c
548c548
<         output = open(filename, O_RDWR | O_CREAT);
---
>         output = open(filename, O_RDWR | O_CREAT, 0755);

After making those changes, everything seems to compile fine. Here is the
2nd make.out and the make.install

http://www.stormguardsolutions.net/make.out
http://www.stormguardsolutiosn.net/make.install

nmap2 runs but has complete sections missing from it. nsharp also has
issues.  Here are screen caps of the problems

http://www.stormguardsolutions.net/snapshot1.png
http://www.stormguardsolutions.net/snapshot2.png

Not sure if it's related but dcgrib2 doesn't seem to be working either.  its
not importing anything from nam218 tiles. When i use gdplot2 it shows the
correct area when set to dset, but it can't find any data in the file.
Any suggestions as to where to start to figure this out?

--
Jason Brooks
KE5FSE

StormGuard Solutions - Your complete storm and severe weather warning and
tracking solution provider.
Visit us at http://www.stormguardsolutions.net today!
We build to meet your needs.