Re: [gembud] HPC nmap2 backgrounds?

Neil,
I created the terrain image you are referring to using the topography
grids with gdtopo and gd2img as outlined at the bottom of:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/image_to_grid/

Chiz

Neil Smith <neils@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
02/03/2010 06:38 PM

gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[gembud] HPC nmap2 backgrounds?

We hear tell HPC uses nmap2 to generate their maps for web presentation.

(eg. http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/basicwx/basicwx_ter.php )

We really like 2 features of their web maps: the 'Terrain/Satellite'
background and the logo placement feature.

But we don't see the background available in GEMPAK5.11.4 nmap2. And the
logo's offered by nmap2 are the NWS and NOAA logo's. We'd like to place
our own logo. Is that customizable?

Thanks,
-Neil
---