Re: [gembud] HPC nmap2 backgrounds?

Hi Neil,

I believe the topographic background comes from an image file in AREA format which can be dumped by using, e.g., gpmap with SATFIL set to the AREA file and PROJ=SAT. Then, you can rerun gpmap, this time adding a satellite image as an overlay. You will thus have the desired "HPC-like" background.

Scott Jacobs sent me the area files and the imgtyp.tbl file that defines these images so GEMPAK can display them. I will need to dig around to find them; I will post them to the list unless Scott beats me to it.

Offhand I don't know how to put in your own logo as opposed to the NOAA/NWS ones.

Cheers,

Kevin

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator               **********************
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences   ktyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University at Albany, ES-235                    518-442-4578 (voice)
1400 Washington Avenue                          518-442-5825 (fax)
Albany, NY 12222                                **********************