Re: [gembud] Errors in 5.11.4 compile under Ubuntu/Debian i686

Hi Dave,

Can you send me a sample GEMPAK grid file that you've experienced problems.
I have GEMPAK installed on an Ubuntu 32-bit server at home (9.10 Karmic) and
will try to replicate your error.

I want to try the following:

1) Test a sample grid file you provide to try and replicate your error on an
Ubuntu 32-bit server and Cent-OS Server
2) Compare *.out files to see if there are any differences.  From what I
remember I had little if any error messages in the *.out files.

I've run into the error you're experiencing "grid cannot be found" when
using GDDIAG on a CentOS 32-bit server.  It was very odd that GDINFO would
see the grid, but GDDIAG didn?t.  The main problem with that GEMPAK
installation was that it compiled with gfortran instead of g77.  After
reinstalling GEMPAK with g77, that problem was resolved.

Reinstalling with g77 took several attempts because of an oversight on my
end.  The GEMPAK user account set GEMPAK environmental variables each time I
logged in (Gemenviron in a previous GEMPAK build).  One of the environmental
variables was "USE_GFORTRAN=1".  So even though the newer GEMPAK build
Gemenviron had "USE_G77=1", GFORTRAN was actually used to install GEMPAK.
After 3 or 4 tries I finally realized what was going on and got it installed
correctly.

Evan

Applications Meteorologist
Weather Trends International, Inc.
Phone 610-807-3197
http://www.wxtrends.com

This communication is privileged and may contain confidential information.
It's intended only for the use of the person or entity named above. If you
are not the intended recipient, do not distribute or copy this
communication. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender immediately and return the original to the email address
above. © Copyright 2010 Weather Trends International, Inc.