Re: [gembud] converting gif or png images into vgf

Gene,

The VG format is made up of vectorized objects. GIF and PNG files are raster images. As far as we (the NAWIPS development team) know there is no way to convert from a non-georeferenced raster image into a set of georeferenced vector objects.

Scott

Gene Petrescu wrote:
Is there any way to convert either a pre-existing gif or png image into a vgf to be useable for annotation in nmap? We would have geographical referencing information of the gif/png images for the conversion. I haven't been able to find any posts that deal with this issue directly.

Thanks

Gene