[gembud] Installing GEMPAK on Intel based MAC OS X Leopard

I probably forgot something...but here goes...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan's Edits for Intel Mac
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Open $NAWIPS/config/Makecommon.inc
I made FC = g77 and CC = gcc.  Make sure a "which g77" and "which gcc"
returns a path.

Open $NAWIPS/config/Makecommon.Darwin
Make sure CC and FC, at the top, point to your gcc (or gcc-4) and g77
directories, respectively.
My G77 installed in /usr/local/bin, so I put a symbolic link in the /usr/bin
directory that points to it by typing
"ln -s /usr/local/bin/g77 g77".

I left the MOTIFINC and XWINCDIR alone...although I tried changing them many
times. Mine say:
MOTIFINC  = -I$(NAWIPS)/openmotif/$(NA_OS)/include
XWINCDIR  = -I/usr/X11R6/include

Farther down, I have:
X11LIBDIR = -L/usr/X11R6/lib

Then the edited part:
MOTIFLIBS = /usr/OpenMotif/lib/libXm.a $(X11LIBDIR) -lXmu -lSM -lICE -lXp
-lXext
GUILIBS = /usr/OpenMotif/lib/libXm.a $(X11LIBDIR) -lXt -lX11 -lXmu -lSM
-lICE -lXp -lXext
I had to put the direct path to libXm.a for MOTIFLIBS and GUILIBS.

The final file to edit...browse to $GEMPAK/include/MCHPRM.Darwin.
Towards the top of the file, set MTMACH=MTLNUX. Make sure to comment out or
delete the old definition.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, some other steps I did to address errors I kept seeing when compiling.
Some of these may not be necessary, but they don't hurt neither!

Browse to /usr/X11R6/lib.  Create symbolic links for libXpm.a and libXm.a.
 The only "libXpm.a" file I had on my machine was in
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/X11R6/lib/, which I got by installing
Xcode.  For me, it is:

ln -s /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.a libXpm.a
ln -s /usr/OpenMotif/lib/libXm.a libXm.a

And just for the heck of it, and probably not necessary...in
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/, I put another link:
ln -s X11R6 X11  (NOTE:  I already had an "X11" symbolic link in my /usr/
directory pointing to /usr/X11R6, so I just wanted to be consistent).

I also changed some variables in my /etc/csh.cshrc file.  NOTE: I am running
in C shell, not BASH.
setenv LANG C

Also, made PATH variable include /usr/local/bin, where my G77 was installed:
setenv PATH ${PATH}:/usr/local/bin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------