From: gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mina Azer
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 12:07 PM
To: gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gembud] Segmentation Fault in gpnexr2 (and gpnexr2_gf) in version
5.11.1

The problem is that gpnexr2 is producing a seg fault when I try to create an
image using the attached radar file.

The settings are:
 MAP      = 10=100:100:100//2 + 8 + 9
 GAREA    = 39.9;-75.5;41;-73.4
 PROJ     = RAD
 RADFIL   = KDIX_20090615_1940
 LATLON   = 0
 PANEL    = 0
 TITLE    = 1
 TEXT     = .8/2/////HW
 CLEAR    = YES
 DEVICE   = xw
 LUTFIL   = /home/user/wxscripts/lev2rad.tbl
 IMCBAR   = 31/V/LL/.005;.05/.85;.01|.7/1/1/hw
 TILT     = .5
 RADPARM  = dz
 RADTIM   = current

IDV is able to process the radar file fine.

The seg fault occurs with both 5.11.1 and 5.11.4, but I don't know about
version 5.11.4 of gpnexr2_gf since those executables haven't been compiled.

A related query involves the white blotches that sometimes appear on the
radar plots of Level II data with gpnexr2.  How do we get rid of those?

A final query is that it doesn't seem like the resolution has increased to
250m in 5.11.4.  How does one go about achieving the increased resolution?

Thanks,