Re: [gembud] ncolor not working?

Neil,

I believe you must be running on a TrueColor (32-bit color) visual for
your flavors of X servers.  GEMPAK was originally designed for simple
PseudoColor (8-bit color) visuals.  ncolor does not work on a 32-bit
color visual.  You have 2 choices:
  1) put a coltbl.xwp file in the directory from which you start your
     application and edit the colors manually.  For more info on this,
     check
     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg04176.html.
  2) start up an 8-bit X session.  I do this from outside X using
     this command on my Linux platform:
  /usr/bin/X11/xinit ~/.xinitrc -- /usr/bin/X11/X :3 -depth 8

Cheers,

David
--
David Ovens              e-mail: ovens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Meteorologist    phone: (206) 685-8108