[gembud] Has anyone tried to plot CAPE in GDPLOT2?

Hi Gembuds-

Hope you all are well!

I found an email on the unidata website between Steve Chiswell and a student
trying to calculate cape/cin in gdprof.  Chiswell gives him help and also
alludes to the fact that "You can use ... GDPLOT2 to display CAPE over an
area of points."  (The email can be found at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg05249.html)

So with that in mind, has anyone successfully done it?  GDPLOT2 is not quite
GDPROF and the discrepancies are challenging to say the least.  I have
gdplot2 reading the file just fine and apparently calculating some value...
but when I display it, it is a solid color-filled field.  The cape function
(GDPFUN   = cape(pres@100%zagl,zagl@100%zagl,tmpc@100%zagl,dwpc@100%zagl))
seems like the culprit as zagl@100%zagl seems strange.  But when you take
that part out, it doesnt compute...

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Kathryn Shontz
University of California, Los Angeles
Graduate Student

 Parameters requested: GDFILE,GDATTIM,GLEVEL,GVCORD,PANEL,SKIP,SCALE,GDPFUN,
 TYPE,CONTUR,CINT,LINE,FINT,FLINE,HILO,HLSYM,CLRBAR,WIND,REFVEC,TITLE,TEXT,
 CLEAR,GAREA,IJSKIP,PROJ,MAP,MSCALE,LATLON,DEVICE,STNPLT,SATFIL,RADFIL,
 IMCBAR,LUTFIL,STREAM,POSN,COLORS,MARKER,GRDLBL,FILTER.
 GEMPAK-GDPLOT2>l
 GDFILE   =
/home/kshontz/Research/Data/Gordon/gemfiles/10mb_with_hght/10mbhght/gordon_hght_0913_f084.gem
 GDATTIM  = 060913/1200f084
 GLEVEL   = 0
 GVCORD   = zagl
 PANEL    = 0
 SKIP     =
 SCALE    = 0
 GDPFUN   = cape(pres@100%zagl,zagl@100%zagl,tmpc@100%zagl,dwpc@100%zagl)
 TYPE     = c / f
 CONTUR   = 0
 CINT     = 0/2
 LINE     =
 FINT     = 125/0/1875
 FLINE    = 32;30;29;28;24;25;26;6;22;21;20;19;17;16;15;14
 HILO     =
 HLSYM    =
 CLRBAR   = 1/v/ll/.05;.08/.5;.02//|1.3/2/3/hw
 WIND     = BM1
 REFVEC   =
 TITLE    = 0
 TEXT     = 1.3/2/3/hw
 CLEAR    = YES
 GAREA    = dset
 IJSKIP   =
 PROJ     = mer
 MAP      = 1
 MSCALE   = 0
 LATLON   = 0
 DEVICE   = psc | sbcape_f084.ps
 STNPLT   =
 SATFIL   =
 RADFIL   =
 IMCBAR   =
 LUTFIL   =
 STREAM   =
 POSN     = 0
 COLORS   = 1
 MARKER   = 0
 GRDLBL   = 0
 FILTER   = no
 GEMPAK-GDPLOT2>cint=125/0/1875
 GEMPAK-GDPLOT2>r
 Number of times =  1
 1 060913/1200F084

 PARAMETERS FOR GDPLOT : FRAME NUMBER  1 INITIAL PLOT SETTINGS -

GDFILE=/home/kshontz/Research/Data/Gordon/gemfiles/10mb_with_hght/10mbhght/gordon_hght_0913_f084.gem,
GDATTIM=060913/1200F084
    GAREA=dset, PROJ=MER, MAP=1, LATLON=0
    OVERLAY  TYPE       LEVEL           VCORD       GRID FUNCTION
        1    C/F        0               ZAGL        CAPE(
PRES@100%ZAGL,ZAGL@100%ZAGL,TMPC@100%ZAGL,DWPC@100%ZAGL)
 [GEMPLT -33]  NOMAPP - No plotable points in map file.
 [GG -7]  No map drawn.
 Parameters requested: GDFILE,GDATTIM,GLEVEL,GVCORD,PANEL,SKIP,SCALE,GDPFUN,
 TYPE,CONTUR,CINT,LINE,FINT,FLINE,HILO,HLSYM,CLRBAR,WIND,REFVEC,TITLE,TEXT,
 CLEAR,GAREA,IJSKIP,PROJ,MAP,MSCALE,LATLON,DEVICE,STNPLT,SATFIL,RADFIL,
 IMCBAR,LUTFIL,STREAM,POSN,COLORS,MARKER,GRDLBL,FILTER.
 GEMPAK-GDPLOT2>e