[gembud] 20080424: 20080424: noaaport/conduit decode (cont.)

Hi again Neil,

re:
I'm confused. What does the following from the pqact.gempak_decoders file mean for me if I want GFS model data out to the max available times?

# NCEP Gridded data from NWS server CONDUIT/NMC2 feed
# Note, if you are receiving both CONDUIT and NOAAPORT model data, then
# a compound pattern should be used in order to allow NAM, GFS and RUC models
# to be decoded from the same pattern for a single decoder invocation.
#CONDUIT        .*
# PIPE /unidata/GEMPAK5.11.1/os/freebsd/bin/dcgrib2 -d data.upc/ gempak/logs/dcgrib2_conduit.log
#               -e GEMTBL=/unidata/GEMPAK5.11.1/gempak/tables
#

Oops.  My previous answer was shortsighted and did not address exactly
what you were asking:

In fact, the longer range GFS grids (max available times) _are_ in the
HRS datastream, so you would use the 'CONDUIT|HRS' compound feed
specification.  The LDM 'notifyme' utility is a great tool for
seeing what is available.  For example:

<as 'ldm'>
notifyme -vxl- -f HRS -o 100000 -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu -p GFS

Please note, however, that the pattern included in the GEMPAK
pattern-action file is set to decode ALL grids (i.e., the '.*' Extended
Regular Expression (ERE) used to match products).  If you are planning
about decoding all of the GFS grids, it would be better to use a more
specific ERE in the action.

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*