a quick glance at your problem has shown me
a few things...
1. you have an abundance of carriage return and line
feed pairs in your data... this is not a good thing.. if
editing off box always ensure to rectify this problem
before attempting manipulation of any kind.
2. if you are unsure how to do the above an easy
fix is to use 'dos2unix' a little snippet designed
for just such a thing... have your admin install
or if you are the admin the package is often
on a debian box to do so:
aptitude install tofrodos
3. yesterday i mentioned to look at the following
note once again the header information.. does this match your file?
gempak is a tab-happy app.. ensure the naming conventions and
locations are within tabbed settings.. this is best done onbox
instead of dumping over as conversions are never perfect.
4. proper dattim format in gempak and especially gdedit is YYMMDD/HHNN
5. on the issue of compiling, for most uses it is not necessary, however
i can only speak from a debian perspective... it is important to ensure
you are using the last chiz build as many of the limits were removed
in the last few versions. have your admin install the latest binaries
and ensure to properly edit your Gemenviron.
good luck to you, as i now have to pay the bills since the bank
is pounding on my door.