[gembud] help needed on GDRADR issue

hi,
I wrote this problem I am having with GDRADR before but I really need some help here. I have a file KLCH_SDUS64_NCZLCH_200504300600 which is a level III composite reflectivity NCZ file. I need to make a grid file using GDRADR. When I execute the following script, and to see typical values within this newly generated gridded file using gdlist, all the values
were extremely huge numbers like 9999999848243207295109594873856.00
anyone can explain why and tell me how to do this correctly
Thanks very much in advance.
#! /bin/csh
$GEMEXE/gdradr << EOF
GRDAREA = LA
PROJ    = LCC/25;-93.32;60
KXKY    = 50;50
GDPFUN  = n0r
GDFILE  = 20050430_radr.gem
RADTIM  = 050430/0600
RADDUR  = 30
STNFIL  = nexrad.tbl
MAXGRD  = 9000
CPYFIL  =
RADFRQ  =
exit
EOF
$GEMEXE/gpend

also in my .cshrc file, I added (I am not sure if I have to but just in case I did it anyway)
setenv GEMDATA /ngissc/users/karan/WRF/wrf2gem_src
setenv RAD $GEMDATA/nexrad
setenv NEXRIII $RAD/NIDS/KLCH/NCZ