[gembud] [Fwd: Re: GEMPAK going away in 3-5 years?]

Gembuds:

The NAWIPS development team at NCEP is preparing a presentation for the 24th IIPS Conference at the 2008 AMS Meeting in New Orleans. This presentation will be given on Wed 1/23 in session 6A.

The presentation will outline our plans for migrating NAWIPS functionality to AWIPS-II. We will present the risks, challenges and opportunities this migration provides for the NCEP forecasters, the AWIPS-II program and the wider community of NAWIPS/GEMPAK users.

If you are attending the AMS Meeting, please come to the presentation. Otherwise, the presentation will be made available via the AMS Meeting web site.

Steve Schotz
NAWIPS Team Lead
NWS / NCEP / NCO