Re: [gembud] GEMAPAK 10.5.4 under ubuntu Linux

Happy New Year GEMBUDS!

I have some puzzling issues to report with the latest install and
compile of GEMPAK under
ubuntu Linux. Nmap2 and the other Nprogs appear to compile fine using
the settings given in an earlier message (below). However, nmap2 starts
up with a long list of warnings similar to this:

Warning: Name: FilterText
   Class: XmTextField
   Character '\56' not supported in font.  Discarded.

There are many more "characters" discarded but nmap2 does start up and
appears normal and responsive. That is until I try to use the product
generation tool (pgen) to place vgf
text onto a blank map background. As soon as I click to place a text
label on the map in nmap2 the entire application crashes with this message:

*** stack smashing detected ***: nmap2 terminated

One of the nice things about nmap2 are the progen capabilities that
allow the annotation of maps and plots. It would be nice if I could
figure out what is causing this erratic response to trying to use the
prodgen text tool in nmap2.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Greg Carbin
NWS/Storm Prediction Center
Norman, OK

Going with a straight...
MOTIFLIBS = $(X11LIBDIR) -lXm
in Makeinc.linux_g77 seems to allow for compilation of the Nprogs
without complaint. I haven't fully tested all the programs yet but I
guess I have no reason not to expect success.

Thanks again for the help!