Re: [gembud] Recent model run vs. previous one

Hi Pedro

Assuming the previous cycle's forecast is in a different grid file - you will need to have the program open two files.

gdfile= currentcycle.grd + previouscycle.grd
Now you can reference these grids in the gdpfun parameter...

gdpfun=sub(hght^f012,hght+2^f018)
(where a +2 indicated get hght from the second file defined in gdfile)

Also - in any program (example - gdinfo), type "ph" at the command prompt followed by a parameter name to get more info on how to use the parameter. For example "ph gdfile" will spell out for you how to reference different grid files in the "gdfile" parameter and "ph gfunc" will spell out how to reference different fields from the different files.

Pete