Re: [gembud] New to GEMPAK

Dale,

The dcuair decoder actions provided in
$NAWIPS/ldm/etc/templates/pqact.gempak_decoders.in
have a pattern for operational dropsonde data in the real-time IDD data
stream.
Once decoded into GEMPAK upper air files, NSHARP can be used to display
the dropsondes by clicking on the "DROP" file type under the Observed
Soundings.
You can also use any of the available "SN" programs to analyze that
data.

If you have other data not in the broadcast format that you want to get
into GEMPAK format, the easiest way to to create an ASCII input file in
the format that SFLIST outputs such as:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/answers/snlist_answer1.html

Once data is in this type of format, use the SNEDIT program to read the
data in to a GEMPAK file.

If you can describe your data, or expected format, I can help in
how to format your data for use with GEMPAK.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support