Garp Segmentation Fault

I'm trying to run Garp for the first time, yet everytime I try I get a segmentation fault. Upon first loading garp, I get the following in the terminal, probably due to the fact that I don't have any data in the dirctory:

/GEMPAK: [FL -4]  Cannot read file ....
GEMPAK: [DM -7]  Read error.
GEMPAK: [GD -2] File /home/gempak/GEMPAK5_10_1/gempak/data/model/wsetasam cannot be opened.
/
I have ukmet model data downloaded into the appropriate directory and when I switch to ukmet in the "Model Plan View" selection window it displays all of the available timesteps. I then selected "MSLPress_mb" in the Scalar column and clicked display. When I click the button however, the program shuts down completely and I get "Segmentation fault" displayed in the terminal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE:  I am able to get the model data to display in nmap2.

Thanks in advance

Chris