Radar cross section overlays

Hi all,
I'm trying to plot diagnostic fields from a model overlaid on a Level II radar
cross section (same cross section). I run nexr2rhi and then gdcross. Since the
radar data is in height coordinates, I thought I needed to convert my model
fields from pres to hght coordinates using gdvint. I did that, but now I only
get diagnostic fields below 1000 m.
In looking at the file, it appears it converted the gvcord to hght, but doesn't
do a conversion to rename it a certain height. So my 500 mb level TMPK field is
now a 500 m level TMPK. Do I need to manually determine what pressure levels
correspond to what height levels at different times, and then write the fields
out to these levels?? Is there an easier way??
Thanks!
Dave