RE: NMAP2 Loops of Objective Analyses

Hi, Brent!

While my method differs from yours in that I do the objective analysis using
Gempak routines (e.g., OABSFC and OABSND), I did a test on NMAP2 (I've been
viewing these things in GARP for the time being) and I did not encounter a
problem looping the analyzed fields. You shouldn't need to resort to a
combined file. What does a sample restore file look like from the
appropriate $NMAP_RESTORE directory? Presumably there is no problem with
your grid alias definition itself in mod_res.tbl since the product shows up
in the NMAP2 data selector. Make sure you don't have a GDATTIM entry in the
restore files that you're accessing. FWIW, my datatype.tbl entry for surface
analysis files is:

SFCA               $MODEL           YYYYMMDDHH_sfcanal.gem     CAT_GRD
SCAT_ANL   4          720       60         OFF/0/0

Adding the time matching flag made no difference in the results.

Dave Gold

_____