From: owner-gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Brent Shaw
Sent: Fri 10/13/2006 12:47 PM
To: gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Meteosat-8 Overlay Problem

All,

I was wondering if anybody found the solution to the problem Kris Booker
posted awhile back about not being able to map native, unmapped
METEOSAT-8 images in nmap2?  I have the exact same problem.  My files
are McIDAS AREA format.  My MTSAT and GOES native files map properly,
but METEOSAT-8 do not.  Like Kris said, the image displays but won't map
and cannot be zoomed.  My imgtyp.tbl is correct, as I can correctly map
and zoom files that I have already used McIDAS IMGEMAP to put into a
projected format.
Thanks!

Brent Shaw

! *  From: "Kristopher Booker" <kbooker@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:kbooker@DOMAIN.HIDDEN> >

*  Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 13:26:57 -0500

I am having difficulty getting satellite images from Meteosat-8 in AREA
format to properly display in Garp and NMAP2.  The image actually loads
but does not properly display the map overlays.  I also cannot zoom in
on the image either.  I had a similar problem with MTSAT-1R when it came
online but it was due not having any entry for it in imgtyp.tbl.  I have
an entry (the distribution default) for Meteosat-8 in the imgtyp.tbl
file.  I obtained the AREA files from the public NESDIS ADDE server and
I am running GEMPAK 5.9.1.  Is anyone else having this problem or have
any idea how to correct it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kris Booker

Houston, TX