20060822: garp crash

Douglas,

One likely cause in would be the change in the data set naiming from
"eta" to "nam".
I mentioned in the release notes that the decoders and datatype.tbl were
set up
to refer to the data sets as "nam" now:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/GEMPAK/whats_new.html#5.9.3

The $GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults file has a section:
# Widget defaults
model           : eta

I left the default model in Garp to be "eta" because the Garp FDF files
are located in subdirectory names by the modelkey. The $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl will
locate
the "eta" data set as a synonym for the NAM80:
ETA          $MODEL/nam                YYYYMMDDHH_nam211.gem

If your NAM80 files are not named as above, you will need to configure
your datatype.tbl accordingly. Alternatively, if you change the modelkey
in the
Garp_defaults file to "nam", then you should copy the "eta" FDF
directories for each of the plot types to directories named "nam".

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support