RE: LDM + GEMPAK with VMWare Player

Hey Rob, are you the Rob from the GRS forums?  I'm 'Alan' there.  Anyways...

Rob & Gilbert:

I'm running the "Fedora Core 5, standard install" from thoughtpolice.co.uk.
If there is a better release for VMWare Player out there, then please lead
me in the right direction.

The first problem I have is doing ./configure under the ldm user that the
manual instructed me to create.  Here's what I get:

./configure: line 89: conf16550.sh: Permission denied
./configure: line 90: conf16550.sh: Permission denied
chmod: cannot acces `conf16550.sh': No such file or directory
./configure: line 202: conf16550.file: Permission denied
./configure: line 966: config.log: Permission denied

So I proceeded to run the compile under root.  ./configure works
successfully.  However, upon running make, it halts with this:

make[2]: Entering directory /usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.4.5/src/server'
lex conf.l
make[2]: lex: Command not found
make[2]: *** [confyy.c] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.4.5/src/server'
make[1]: *** [subdir_target] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.4.5/src'
make: *** [server/all] Error 2

I tried finding lex in the Add/Remove Software utility with no avail.  I'm
somewhat new to Linux, so I'm trying to go about things as easily as I can.

---
Trevor Parker