20060322: Plotting lightning data

David,

We decode the NLDN data from binary files into GEMPAK surface
files and use SFMAP to plot the data, points, etc.

Since your data is not of the same format as our IDD feed to
use our dcnldn decoder, you can put your data into the
ascii format used by SFLIST for importing into a GEMPAK
surface file using SFEDIT as shown here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/getfile?file=/content/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg04454.html

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support