gdvint and dewpoint temperatures question

Gembuds,

I have converted some sigma level data (from MM5 output) into pressure
level data using gdvint as follows:

GDFILE = outfile2
GDOUTF = outfile2
GDATTIM = LAST
GLEVEL = 1000-900-10
GVCORD = sgma:100/pres
MAXGRD = 600
GAREA = grid
VCOORD = pres;none
$respond=yes
run
GLEVEL = 875-750-25
run
GLEVEL = 700-100-50
run
GLEVEL = 1050-1010-10
run
exit
This mostly works great with SPFH (specific humidity) appearing as the
moisture value -- the original sigma levels had TMPK and DWPK at all
levels and had both of those at level 0 %NONE.
In gdprof, I can plot TMPK (UWND, VWND, PRES, etc.) all the way down
below 1000 mb using GVCORD = pres
YAXIS    = 1050/400/50/;1
The text output snippet for TMPK is

                 PRES                  TMPK
               1020.28              278.679
               1000.00              277.595
                990.00              277.818

but for DWPK, it stops at 1000 mb

                PRES                  DWPK
               1000.00              270.792
                990.00              269.367

I think there is some problem in calculating DWPK from TMPK and SPFH
below 1000 mb and that is why gdprof does not want to display this.  I
think this is probably a failing in gdvint since I do not see
DWPK@0%PRES -- I only see TMPK, HGHT, PRES, UWND, UREL, SPFH, WWND
@0 %PRES -- even though I had TMPK and DWPK at 0%NONE.

Has anyone figured out how to work around this either in gdvint or
gdprof?
David
--
David Ovens              e-mail: ovens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Meteorologist    phone: (206) 685-8108