Re: computer freezes

Gabe,
I have had the same thing happen to me occasionally with a machine doing the same kind of processing. What ends up hanging up my machine is hung Gempak processes, which show up as a process "gf" . You can diagnose this by checking for hung processes after the machine has been up for awhile with "ps -ef | grep gf", or you can check for memory that is occupied by these processes with the "ipcs" command.

It may be necessary to use the "cleanup" script in Gempak...........maybe use it in cron or at the end of your scripts. These prevents these hung processes from eventually bringing your machine down.

Hope that helps some,

-Mike