Re: [galeon] [CF-NetCDF-1.0.swg] Last week's OGC technical committee meetings

Hi Ben,

that appears to be an excellent summary! Let me underline, from a WCS viewpoint, that we are most happy if these coverage encoding formats are not tightly coupled with WCS - by making each encoding self-contained, coverages can float between different services while retaining their clear, interoperable shape. A win for all I believe.

OWS Common makes a lot of sense to me, but: we do not have a SWG for it - actually, despite flaws of 2.0 are painfully known nobody has been speaking up as a savior for quite some time. Would someone take on this change of OWS Common? That makes him or her the Hero of the Day for me!

my 2cents,
Peter