Re: [galeon] Using the ESIP Fed wiki and mailing lists

Hi Erin,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The ESIP Federation hosting facilities sound
like they could be an ideal venue for these discussions on topics that
cross community boundaries.   I am taking the liberty of sending this email
exchange to a few groups that might have thoughts on it.  In particular,
the suggestion came up in the OGC CF-netCDF Standards Working Group, so I'm
sending them a copy along with the old GALEON mail list which at one time
was used for this sort of cross-community interaction.   And I'm going to
ask the Unidata Technical Staff for their take on it too.

The topic that spurred our looking into ESIP Fed as a kind of "neutral"
venue was a discussion of conventions for carrying uncertainty information
in netCDF (and ncISO) objects, but it might also be a good place for
conversations among the groups working on data models for CF.   I'd like to
get some feedback from these folks before the CF-netCDF SWG session at the
OGC Technical Committee meetings next month.

Thanks again,
-- Ben