Re: [galeon] [CF-NetCDF-1.0.swg] Fwd: [OGC Portal] New Motion in the TechnicalCommittee

Ben,

Congratulations on getting this far.

I have noticed a few small things, which I think can be easily fixed:

1.The abstract is a bit too abstract and convoluted for me. Also some grammar
problems.

2. [4.2] Unicode characters can take up to 6 bytes, not 4, in UTF-8. Maybe the
definition of a (NetCDF) char needs tightening up. E.g. Unicode is defined in
terms of glyphs and encodings. What happens with a non-basic plane glyph from
ISO10646 which may need more than 6 bytes? Perhaps you need a clear statement
of restriction on Unicode to what works. Add reference to ISO10646 in [9
References]?

3. [4.3] What is a C structure? Is it like Pascal? Delete! ;-)

4. 'IEEE' types should refer to IEEE 754 etc. add to [9 References]

5. Please clarify any distinction between char [4.2] and character [4.14]. Does
this affect 'string' at all?

6. I am not completely convinced by the 'common grid' requirement/conformance
test, but willing to be persuaded.

Sorry I didn't spot these earlier.

Otherwise, happy to vote FOR.

Chris