[galeon] CF-netCDF standardization update

Happy New Year,

This seems like a good time for a brief update on what's happening with the
effort to establish the CF-netCDF as an OGC binary encoding standard. In
response to the questions raised by the OGC Architecture Board (OAB) at the
Mountain View TC meeting, work is underway in these main areas:

1) To clarify the scope of the core (which is what is being proposed at this
point), the document Title and the Scope section are being revised

2) The conformance requirements are being called out explicitly.

3) The milestones section of the initial WCS SWG plan is being updated and
will provide the "roadmap" requested by the OAB

4) The cut and paste error "cfconventions.org" has been corrected to "
www.cfconventions.org".

With the able help of Dominic Lowe, Stefano Nativi, Paolo Mazzetti, Lorenzo
Bigagli, Ethan Davis, and Russ Rew, these revisions should be finished early
next week.  In my view, none of these are really substantive changes to the
proposed standard, so I suggest that the edited version be submitted to the
OAB at that time.  This will give them a few days to read it before their
next (telecon) meeting on Thursday, January 7, 2010.

If any SWG member is uncomfortable with this approach, let me know before
the close of business on Wednesday, January 6.

I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season.  It remains cold here
in Boulder, but the white snow on the Flatirons is just beautiful.