Re: [galeon] FOSS4G?

Hi All,

GDAL has support for NetCDF, I believe it is currently developed by Denis Nadeau and Frank Warmerdam. I think that the driver has support for reading the CF conventions as well.

I also would like to point out that during the ADAGUC project another NetCDF4 driver is developed for GDAL which can read and write the ADAGUC NetCDF4 data product standard (http://adaguc.knmi.nl/contents/documents/ADAGUC_Standard.html). It supports the CF-1.4 conventions and it is being used in combination with UMN MapServer for all WMS, WFS and WCS services available within the ADAGUC project. For more information see this wiki on OSGeo: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ADAGUC. Note that the driver accepts ADAGUC files only...

Regards,
Maarten

Roy Mendelssohn schreef:
Hi Ben:

I do not know about FOSS4G per se, but the major sponsor of it appears to be OSGeo (http://www.osgeo.org/). They are responsible for Mapserver and Geotools and most importantly GDAL. GDAL is a nice tool for converting between formats, and supports Netcdf and OpeNDAP, at least partially (I can't remember if it is limited in dimensions with netcdf), and provides the conversion for Mapserver. Conversations about supporting netcdf4 or related things would strike me as valuable.
-Roy