[galeon] spatial/temporal info in scientfic data types

Hi,

Much recent discussion has centered on scientfic data categories (CDM
scientific data types, CSML scientific feature types, O&M sampling
feature types).  I've attempted to indicate how some of these dataset
categories differ from one another in terms of the ways in which
spatial (and in some cases temporal) information is carried.   I
believe the topic is of special interest to GALEON because we have to
ensure that this information is available to users who may be
accessing the data via standard web services interfaces.  In some
instances, it means that both the syntax and semantics have to be make
explicit in the CF conventions.  And those conventions then  have to
be mapped into ISO/OGC standard data models such as ISO 19123. The
draft is available at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/InteroperabiltyDay/Materials/CDM%20Data%20Types%20Table.html

The first part of the document attempts to keep things very simple in
terms of a list of a few mechanisms with brief descriptions and a
table showing how these mechanism are used for different categories of
data.  A few of my notes based on discussions with several GALEON
participants are appended at the end.