Re: [galeon] wcs reference implementation initiative

Hi Peter,

In essence, you have described an key goal of this effort, namely, to
come up with some well-founded recommendations for improving the WCS
specification.  The idea is to do so by working on implementation of
new capabilities in a practical, hands-on manner with a variety of
datasets from our community.   With such an approach, it may take a
bit longer to develop recommendations for a new release of the spec,
but our recommendations will be based on experimentation with
implementations.  It is our sincere hope that this will be a useful
contribution to improving the standards.

It's great to hear that the RWG is interested in this sort of input
and we will provide it as we gain more experience.

As an administrative matter, I'm sending this to the same email lists
the earlier messages went to, but I suggest that future discussions be
confined to the galeon list.  If others are interested, they can sign
up for the galeon list.

Thanks, Peter.

-- Ben