From: Ron Lake <rlake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Apr 18, 2007 12:40 PM
Subject: Common Approach to Coordinates
To: ben@xxxxxxxx

Hi Ben:

The Common Approach to Coordinates Ad Hoc met, and it was agreed to form a
WG to develop a more mathematical foundation for coordinates that deals
with:

1.    Linear Referencing

2.    Conventional Geodesy

3.    Moving Bodies (orientation, position etc.)

4.    Non-spatial quantities (temperature, pressure etc.).

5.    3DIM CAD requirements

We will deal only with coordinates and coordinate reference systems. The
output has not been defined - but it could be a new spec or a revision of
19111 or just an OGC thing to start with.  I hope you will participate from
the coverage standpoints and the needs of Threads/Galeon.

I also hope you will attend GeoWeb 2007 (http://www.geoweb.org)

Ron