GALEON at OGC April tech. committee meetings

Hi all,

The next OGC Technical Committee meetings are scheduled for April 16 - 19 in
Ottawa.

GALEON is on the agenda for two slots on Tuesday afternoon. The first is in
the Coverages Working Group; the second in Earth Observation and Natural
Resources & Environment (EO/NRE) Working Group. I am beginning to work on
presentations for those slots, but please let me know if any of you will be
attending the meeting and would like to participate in the GALEON
presentations.

Recently I cleaned up the GALEON Phase 2 Issues page on the Wiki

http://galeon-wcs.jot.com/GALEON%202%20Issues

and grouped the issues into two broad categories:

 1. Is WCS 1.1 adequate?
 2. What's the relationship of WCS to other specs: e.g., CSW/ebRIM, WFS,
SWE/SOS, GML profiles?

My plan is to summarize GALEON 2 in both presentations, but to emphasize WCS
1.1 issues in the Coverages WG presentation and the relationship of WCS to
other specs in the EO/NRE WG.

As soon as possible, please let me know

-- whether you'll be at the meetings and especially if you'd like to
participate in the presentations
-- if you have information to contribute to or suggestions for emphasis in
my presentations

You can contact me via email or add your information to the wiki.  In
particular, it would be good to have the Participant Contributions page as
complete as possible.

 http://galeon-wcs.jot.com/GALEON%202%20Contributions

Many thanks.