GALEON 2

Hello to the GALEON team:

While we await the publication of the WCS 1.1 specification, it seems
worthwhile to come to a common understanding specific objectives for GALEON
2 participants.  To that end, I've updated the GALEON wiki

 http://galeon-wcs.jot.com/WikiHome

with some an outline of basic information for GALEON Phase 2

 http://galeon-wcs.jot.com/WikiHome/GALEON%20Phase2%20Main%20Page

This wiki still seems to be the best mechanism for us to interact with one
another, but it should be noted that the wiki provider Jotspot has been
bought otut by Google and is undergoing a major transition to transfer their
technology to Google systems.  I encourage you all to look over the sections
on "GALEON 2 Issues" where I've tried to capture all the ideas for phase 2
that you've suggested to me as well as the list of "Key Documents."  Your
edits or additions to any of these pages is certainly welcome, but I
especially exhort you to fill in a section for your organization on the
"Participant Contributions" page.  That will give each of us a sense of what
others intend to focus on during phase 2.

One particularly important OGC document I'll call to your attention is the
"WCS 1.1 Changes Summary"

 http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=19321&version=1

After the WCS 1.1 specification is published, we'll schedule a kick off
telecon for GALEON 2.

Thanks.