------- Forwarded Message

Sender: owner-uw-netfolks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CAMPUS NETWORK OUTAGE NOTIFICATION
Time:  3AM to 7AM

On Friday, 31 August 2001, the campus network Internet connection will be
temporarily interrupted to put a new, higher capacity router into production.

We have scheduled 4 hours for doing this.  In reality we expect the outage to
last less than 20 minutes.

The reason for doing this so quickly is because our current peering router will
not be able to handle the load we expect to see and it's already ramping up
quickly.  We've had several short outages due to processing overload on the
peering router in the past 2 weeks.

We apologize for the short notice, this will make our Internet connection more
reliable and also give us some breathing room to accommodate additional
bandwidth as we purchase it and bring it on line.

Thank you.
Robert Lee
DoIT Network Services

------- End of Forwarded Message