Re: Alden update...

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Well, it's obvious that what Alden CEO Doyle relayed to me earlier this month
was a bunch of hooey.  The fact that he, nor anyone else in management, never
personally communicated to this forum pretty much says it all.

Our short term solution is to download preprocessed DIFAX maps in GIF, TIFF, or Postcript format from one of several sites, but how are these sites obtaining the source data? Unisys Ku-band? What about an LDM solution similar to all the other products? Is there a restriction that doesn't allow this data to be added to the IDD feed in g3 or other format? I know Dan V. was looking into a possible LDM solution via Unisys, but what hurdles would have to be jumped to just get this onto the standard feed, just like HDS, IDS|DDPLUS, and the others?
Regards,

Chris