Re: from David Knight regarding difax . . .

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

In a previous message to me, you wrote:
From: "David J. Knight" <knight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

      Just wondering what the status of this is  and weather we might be able
to get these scripts from you. (weather typo intentional !-)

      It would be a great service to the community  if you could contribute the
scripts used.   Many might find this more convenient than  grabbing from your
web site. Do you really want  to put them on the IDD and deal with resulting
support issues? It is up to you of course...

Thanks,
David

David,

We'd be happy to provide you (and everyone) with the scripts, though in their
current state they may require more support than sending out the maps over the
IDD :O , but they are a start at least.

They were written by a student hourly of mine, and while they are quite well
commented, there are parts of them that are written to be specific to our
setup.  They shouldn't be difficult to modify, just time consuming.

I'll go through tomorrow and put up all of our scripts on the same web location
as the gzip'd postscript maps are right now, and everyone can feel free to dig
through them, modify for their own setup, etc.

Pete

  • Search the difax archives: