Re: DiFAX outage

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Gilbert Sebenste (bored) wrote:

I'm twiddling my thumbs a little here at work...there's not much to do,  since
there's no DiFAX. The National Weather Service did a system swap at 12:04AM
(05:04AM CDT). Everything else went fine, but DiFAX never came back. Alden 24
hour tech support says the NWS has no clue what the problem is, but is working
on finding out. I double checked the NWS DiFAX homepage just to make sure and
they aren't updating either.

And an update...as of 4:55AM CT, they're still out. Their main system had a BIG
TIME failure, and they switched FOS and DiFAX over to a backup system. The
backup on DiFAX failed, and there's no idea when the main system will be
repaired and online.

Gilbert

  • Search the difax archives: