Re: Alden's difax

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998 noon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

All -- If you are getting Alden's difax feed, you might want to check the pqact
file since yesterday they changed the product header from 2nnn (like 2079 or
2125) to: /usr/local/ldm/data/difax/2nnn.g3

Yes, the full local path name.
I had to change my pqact file to look for this.

I have sent a message off to Mark at Alden but I figured all should be alerted.

--Bill Noon

Yes, and if you simply grab the header and append it to a directory name for your FILE command, you end up with a very strange directory structure inside your difax data directory which completely confuses programs that you have to process it. Took me a while to figure out just what was happening. We've modified our pqact to look for just the 2xxx.g3 at the end also.
DIFAX   (2[0-9][0-9][0-9].g3)       FILE    -overwrite      -close
/prods/difax/g3/%y%m%d%H%M_\1

I assume this was an accident at Alden and it'll be fixed eventually since we
don't really need to know which directory the data came from at Alden?

  • Search the difax archives: