pblplus and Solaris 2.3

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

To subscribers of the difax and ldm-users groups:

We are about to migrate away from satellite reception of difax and over to the
idd completely.  Having looked at the Unidata home page and noted the solutions
for printing difax charts.  So I went out and picked up the pbmplus utilities
and am trying to build them on our system (a SPARC20 running Solaris 2.3) using
Suns C compiler.  I've hit two snags and am wondering if anyone out there can
provide some guidance:

1.  I initially got an error in compilation when strings.h could not be found.
Searching around our system, I found the file in
/usr/apps/SUNWspro/SC3.0.1/include/CC but suspect that it is for C++ instead of
C.  Is this true?

2.  I copied the above strings.h file to /usr/local/netpbm where I am building
the utilities and edited Makefile and pbmplus.h as instructed.  The results of
the subsequent make were:

cc -Xa -O -I.. -s -o atktopbm atktopbm.c libpbm.a
Undefined                   first referenced
symbol                          in file
rindex                           libpbm.a(libpbm1.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referening errors.  No output written to atktopbm
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed to target `atktopbm'

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Eric A. Pani, Ph.D.                gepani@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Associate Professor                pani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.net2.nlu.edu/~pani/epani.html
Department of Geosciences
Northeast Louisiana University     telephone: 318-342-1891
Monroe, LA 71209-0550              fax:       318-342-1755

"Happy is he who is able to know the causes of all things."  Virgil

  • Search the difax archives: