ftp to ftp.met.fsu.edu, login in anonymously, cd to pub/difax and then get the readme file (00README) and any others you like.

For gopher:

  gopher to gopher.met.fsu.edu, then choose:
    #3.  Anonymous ftp directory
         #3.  pub
              #5.  difax

For WWW: open location
         gopher://metlab1.met.fsu.edu:70/11/ftp/pub/difax

Credit goes to our Assistant in Meteorology and Weather Station Manager, Andrew
Devanas.

Paul Ruscher
FSU Meteorology
ruscher@xxxxxxxxxxx

PS - in the for what it's worth department, the process works well as long as
the Internet feed stays active.  Lost maps are lost, unlike other IDD products,
where they can be recovered easily.  We are archiving many of our maps and keep
some on-line for a few weeks; if other sites are able to provide backup maps,
we would appreciate hearing from you.  As an example, our building is losing
power most of the day this coming Saturday and we will need to replace lost
charts if possible!  Thanks.

  • Search the difax archives: