Re: DIFAX

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello out there...I recently talked to Eddie Arbitter at ALDEN concerning the
DIFAX on internet via IDD.  SHe said that she was uncertain that DIFAX would be
available in December..it might not be sent out over IDD until sometime in
January!  That sure got me worried!  Dave's message about DIFAX implied that
the DIFAX data would be available in some form on IDD in December.  Is any of
this right??? Our Unix guru thinks that he has a way of displaying the Group 3
Fax signal to screens using ghostscript....and he believes that we can get it
to the Okidata printer with some incantation or some such...I will report back
when we have something positive going.  Ben....I have strapped on my electronic
seatbelt for this IDD ride...  but the turbulence may be too much! Thanks for
your help.
Jim Moore

That response from Alden surprises me.  We're working hard at this end to get
the IDD ready.  We'll check into it and let you know.

--Ben
  Ben Domenico          Unidata Program Manager
  (303)497-8631           P.O. Box 3000
  ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        Boulder, CO 80303

  • Search the difax archives: