RE: bug in 'UNITS' field in metar2nc ... clue II

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Claude,

i made a typo in the metar.cdl file, that's the problem. i attached the
new metar.cdl file.

i also attached a perl script makeWMO.pl to convert the format to the wmo
network format.

% makeWMO.pl < wmo.text.format > wmo.network.format

the wmo.text.format is from the site you mentioned, ie

2005/12/14 04:45
KARM 140445Z AUTO 15007KT 10SM OVC050 18/15 A2993 RMK AO2

consisting of 3 lines per report, last line is blank, the converted file
looks like:

^A
000
SAMX00 KDEN 140445
METAR
KARM 140445Z AUTO 15007KT 10SM OVC050 18/15 A2993 RMK AO2
^C^A

so now you can use wmo.network.format file as direct input to the decoder,

%  metar2nc metar.cdl data < wmo.network.format

if you are missing stations, add them to the sfmetar_sa.tbl file.

hopefully this should solve your problems.

robb...

  • Search the decoders archives: