[Data Service Announce] NCO/NCEP Network Maintenance Tomorrow

Greetings all,

NCEP has just issued the Administrative Alert below.  Long story short, NCO
network maintenance will occur tomorrow, November 1st, between 11Z - 12Z.
Given the breadth of the impacts listed, it's possible (if not likely) that
some products may go missing on the IDD.  There is no mention of
back-filling after the maintenance, so it's not entirely clear if any data
these offices would have transmitted during this time will be made
available.  But as I like to say, uncertainty is the spice of life, so I
guess we'll see.

SENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ALERT ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE
NWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS COLLEGE PARK MD
1626Z TUE OCT 31 2023

...IMPACTFUL NETWORK MAINTENANCE SCHEDULED FOR TOMORROW (NOV 1)...

On Nov 1st, 2023, NCO is performing impactful maintenance on the
network. We are migrating two major points of presence from Lumen
to NWAVE. The migration will cause an impact when we activate the
new connection. The maintenance will occur between 11Z - 12Z.
During this time WCOSS will be inaccessible for 10 minutes and
intermittently accessible for up to 30 minutes. Also, any site
that uses Lumen for OneNWSNet connectivity will be hard down for
10 minutes and will have intermittent network instability for up
to 30 minutes. Remote Centers (SPC/Oklahoma WFO/WDTD, NHC/Miami
WFO, Kansas City (CRHQ,NIDS, AWC and Learning center), AFWA
(Offutt Air Force Base) and Scott Air Force Base), OCONUS Sites
(Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Pacific Region) and ATCSCC Warrenton will
not be able to access the Internet or any resources on OneNWSNet
during this time. Hawaii Internet will not be impacted. AWIPS
traffic to and from the sites listed will be down. SPOT and CMS
will be intermittently inaccessible 1100Z and 1200Z.

Gerhardt/SDM/NCO/NCEP

Please stay tuned to https://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/status/messages/ for
future announcements from NCEP/NCO.

Best,
-Mike

*Mike Zuranski*
Data Engineer II
Unidata Program Center
  • Search the data-service-announce archives: