[Data-curation] Federal AWOS Upgrades Complete

All 232 Federally-owned AWOS upgrades have been completed.
This process has been going on for the past two years.  Basically,
the AWOS-C units report just like a NWS/FAA/DoD ASOS, with a
full complement of additive and climate data.  Attached is a complete
site list

All sites have NADIN service and METARs are available on NOAAPort,
except KGVQ and SFOA.  SFOA is a non-airport location and doesn't
have a regular FAA code assigned as far as I know, and KGVQ just may
be an oversight.  I am currently making inquires as to NADIN availability
of these two sites.

SFOA I believe is on the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge that crosses SFO
Bay.

Boris

  • Search the data-curation archives: